In a wedding ceremony pickle

Discussion started by Rachel Spahr , on 26 August 07:43 AM

Hi,

As most of you know I'll be getting married in two weeks (September 8th) and as of yet we haven't gotten confirmation of our string quartet for the ceremony! As in the music teacher of Fort Atkinson High School,where we were going to have their students play in exchange for a donation, has yet to get back to Mark or I despite many phone calls and emails. This lack of response leads me to believe that we might not have the string quartet. As a backup, we are looking to see if anyone might have a P.A. system, or at least an amplifyer and speakers we could hook up to a lap top to play recordings of the music we are looking for. Of course we'd also need someone whom might be able to run the equipment so the music plays and stops at the right times.

We don't have a lot of money (which is why we tried to contract with students rather than professional mucisians) but we could offer a small fee, plus we would feed you. The ceremony is only about 30 minutes long (3:30-4:00) with a plan to have "welcome music" while guests arrive from 3:00 to 3:30 (basically could be set up and then just let it run for 1/2 hour)

If you or anyone you know could help us out that would be most awesome!

Thanks,

Rachel

Replies
Latest Discussion
You are here: Community Groups Off Topic Discussions In a wedding ceremony pickle