Awesome Party with Door Prizes and Free Food!

Discussion started by Andrew Ruis , on 07 December 10:43 AM

By which I mean, of course, our now annual school cleaning party! Those of you who participated last year will remember it with fondness. . . . or else!

Looking at the calendar, I think Monday Dec 19 at 8p would be a good time for it. I know there's a class then, but I'm hoping we can make a small sacrifice for the school. Instructors should now feel appropriately guilted into coming, but I hope all who can make it will participate; this is a great way for us to show Shifu how much we appreciate everything he does for us.

If there are no objections, then I propose we each chip in $5 or the equivalent in cleaning supplies.

Here's what we'll need:

Steam cleaners - Wes has already offered his; I need one more volunteer to rent/bring a rug doctor or something like it. Two is great, but three isn't crazy. . . .

Vacuums - Both full-sized and little handhelds are helpful. The school has one full-sized, but we could probably use at least two of each.

Mop - The school has one mop/bucket, but one more mop would be great.

Disposable cleaning wipes

Dusting implements

Paper towels

Wood polish (for the weapon racks, etc.)

Additional cleaning supplies can be purchased if we run out of anything. We should make sure to leave the school well stocked.

Please reply if you will be there and what supplies, if any, you will be bringing.

Replies
Latest Discussion
Woody Wallace
Sorry I missed it. Had child care and then IT support for Katy.
4509 days ago

Andrew Ruis
Thanks to all who came and helped clean the school last night! It looks great, and I know Shifu appreciates it.
4509 days ago

Rachel Spahr
Hi,

I'm stuck at work right now with a dead car battery and dead cell phone. I'm trying to locate Mark to come jump start my car, however he's not answering his phone. I left a message with Shifu about tonight's class, but also not sure when/if I'll get to the school to help clean. Ugh!
4510 days ago

Jaia Werner
Well what I meant by that was if people from the school have kids that are too young to put to work, I'd be willing to sit, free of charge that night if people want to clean. But otherwise I'll come help clean. And I definitely would bring some kids I babysit but I highly doubt that that would be even remotely productive.
4519 days ago

Andrew Ruis
Thanks, Woody, I'll do that next time!
4519 days ago

Andrew Ruis
Jaia--if you get a babysitting gig, just bring them along. We could use some children with small hands to get those hard-to-reach spots!
4519 days ago

Woody Wallace
Andrew, did you know you can create an "Event" in a group as well. You should be able to create the event with the date and place, and then people can rsvp and comment in the event. Just thought you should know that is an option.
4521 days ago

Jaia Werner
I love cleaning things that aren't my house!! I want to help. And can maybe bring something but I don't know yet. However, if people need childcare, I still like babysitting better than cleaning...
4521 days ago

Woody Wallace
Sounds like fun. I'll be there pending my child care duties. Does someone win a prize if they find an ex-mouse?
4521 days ago

Rachel Spahr
I'll already be there so I guess I'll help after class. For a little bit anyways (an hour or so) - I can't stay too late as I have a longer commute than most.

I'll try to remember to bring my new Eureka canister vacuum. It works pretty well.
4522 days ago

Molly Cowden
Count me in. I'll bring a variety of the cleaning supplies needed... paper towels, cleaning wipes, and whatever else I can grab that makes sense. :)
4522 days ago

Brian Moellers
Nice try. We have visitors from Japan that week for a week long meeting. I love week long meetings the week before the holidays.

There is no way I will be able to get away and attend your "pati".
4522 days ago

You are here: Community Groups Off Topic Discussions Awesome Party with Door Prizes and Free Food!