Game night on Saturday the 4th

Discussion started by CJ Kucera , on 31 January 10:45 PM

Hey all - E and I are going to have a game night this Saturday (the 4th) at our place.  Aiming to start 'round 7:00 or so.  A bit late notice, I know - we'll attempt to plan in advance for other game nights in the future.

Anyway, hope to see you there!  930 Nancy Ln, up on the northside.  Hope to see you all there!

Replies
Latest Discussion
Nora Cate Schaeffer
BTW, I think the main Q word one needs for a late Q draw is Qi -- yes, it's in the dictionary. Qat is also useful. Now you know my only scrabble trick.

And if someone would please beat Emma at Hive...it's just so depressing losing to her over and over again...
4464 days ago

CJ Kucera
Cool, we'll be glad to have her over. We enjoy Wits and Wagers, though we don't have it ourselves! The other games would be fun too, of course. We actually do have Rumis - it just shows up on the boardgamegeek list at "Blokus 3D" because it was sold to the folks who make Blokus and they rebranded it. :) We've still go the originally-branded "Rumis" version, though.

Oh, and by the way for anyone else - if you want alcohol you should probably BYOB, because all we've got is leftover stuff from previous game nights and the like.
4464 days ago

Nora Cate Schaeffer
I think Emma will come with ShiFu, though I can't. You have a nice game collection! I'll suggest that Emma bring Qwerkle (cube version), and Rumus (Don't remember the exact spelling of either of those) and I'll see if there are a couple of others we have that you don't. Maybe Railroad tycoon? Do you want to do anything as silly as Wits and Wagers?

Could someone there please beat her at Hive?
4464 days ago

Nelson Ferreira
We can always bring one of ours... along with a table. But only if we're going to play until dawn, hahaha
4467 days ago

CJ Kucera
We don't actually have a Mahjong set of our own - I'd love to get one one of these days. My boardgame collection can be viewed in excruciating detail at: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/sekhmet?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

We're a few years behind the curve boardgame wise; I'd expect for some Pandemic, Dominion (owned by a friend of ours), and possibly Power Grid: Factory Manager (also a friend). Perhaps I'll be able to convince enough people to play some Agricola or Arkham Horror as well. :)

Edit: gah, why can't I create actual HREFs?
4467 days ago

Craig S. Kiessling
Just out of curiosity, what games do y'all play?
We have a semi-regular Mahjong night down in Atlanta.
4467 days ago

You are here: Community Groups Off Topic Discussions Game night on Saturday the 4th