actors wanted!

Discussion started by Kimba Tieu , on 27 August 10:30 AM

Hi all,

It is that time of year again, when the MPD solicits volunteers to assist with some training scenarios at a local school or business.  As many of you know, we use the terms "actor" and "acting" very loosely -  so no prior experience is needed.  But it will be accepted and appreciated for those who care to repeat their performances from the past!

For the record, the date of the training is Thursday September 27, 2012 likely between the hours of 5P-10P.  We will provide more details as to the exact location and nature of your roles to participants as we get closer (typically delivered in person at the school or via phone).

We hope many of you can make it - as it usually turns out to be a good time for everyone. Basic refreshments will be provided, so a head count is good to know. And please feel free to invite trusted friends and family to help out a good cause (as long as they can follow basic instructions and not improvise off script).

As always, thanks in advance for your time and consideration.  Please reply to this post or see me at class if interested.  We look forward to your responses...

Kimba

Replies
Latest Discussion
Kimba Tieu
Big thanks to all who attended last week Thursday! The instructors & staff appreciated your assistance and enthusiasm throughout the night. We literally could not do this training nearly as well without your participation. The recruits were also grateful for your presence and role-playing as it added a level of realism we could not have achieved otherwise! Finally, a sincere thank you to Shifu for cancelling classes to allow the maximum amount of attendance from Zhong Yi (which was well represented as always!). We hope everyone enjoyed themselves and we look forward to working with you again in the future...

Kimba
4235 days ago

Lou Immendorf
Had a great time ... best group of dead and dying people to hang around with
4237 days ago

Kimba Tieu
We'll be dropping off some info sheets at the guan early this week (Sept 24). Please check with Shifu for a copy as they have detailed instructions in terms of location, start time, and what to wear/bring. Please contact me via private message or phone if you have any questions left unanswered from the info sheet.

Thank you all again & see you soon!
Kimba
4242 days ago

Laura
I'll be there
4256 days ago

Lou Immendorf
Please count me in ... my schedule is a bit crazy so I may need to bail out (will make sure to let you know if that happens).
4257 days ago

Charles Carpenter
Im in
4261 days ago

Aidan Peterson-Cerro
I can make it
4264 days ago

Kevin Lozada
Oh yeah... I totally want to be the injured guy that they drag across the floor again...
4268 days ago

Elaine Meszaros
we're in!
4268 days ago

Jaia Werner
I (and actually some of my friends) are interested but I'll have to check and make sure they are available.
4269 days ago

Andrew Ruis
Looks like I'll have to miss my first one ever! I'll be teaching that night. (Which reminds me, I'll be teaching Thursday nights from late Sept thru Oct, so we'll have to talk about S&C classes.)
4269 days ago

You are here: Community Groups Off Topic Discussions actors wanted!